The musical stars Cher in her first movie role in seven years (since 2003’s Stuck On You) and singer Christina Aguilera in her first acting role. Aguilera plays Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa who comes to Los Angeles and gets a job as a waitress at the Burlesque Lounge, a financially strapped place owned by retired dancer Cher. Ali falls in love with the burlesque and tries hard to become a dancer, but when she begins to sing, it’s her voice that becomes the revue’s main attraction.
Rated PG-13, the movie, which grossed $38 million, is filled with other familiar faces. Burlesque also stars Eric Dane (TV’s Grey’s Anatomy), Cam Gidandet (Easy A), Alan Cumming (TV’s The Good Wife), Peter Gallagher (American Beauty), Kristen Bell (You Again) and Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones).
The DVD was priced at $28.95 and Blu-ray at $34.95.
The Blu-ray edition is a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and includes these special features:
- director’s commentary
- alternate opening
- blooper reel
- “The Burlesque Lounge: Alternate Full Musical Performances!” featurette
- “Burlesque is Back!”
- “The Performers: The Cast of Burlesque”
- “Setting the Stage: Production Design & Performers”
- “Inside the Dressing Room: Creating the Burlesque Look”
- “The Set List: The Music & Choreography of Burlesque”
- and Sony’s MovieIQ+Sync BD-Live feature, with the Burlesque playlist.
The DVD has just the first four special features.
A documentary about the American burlesque industry, Behind the Burly Q, was released on DVD in April.
Here’s the trailer for Cher’s Burlesque:
Buy or Rent Burlesque
DVD | Blu-ray |
|DVD | Blu-ray||DVD | Blu-ray|