Science-fiction action-adventure film X-Men: First Class, an installment in the popular franchise based on the classic Marvel comic book series, arrived on Blu-ray and DVD from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment on Sept. 9, 2011.
The movie was celebrated at the San Diego Comic-Con, and the first 1,000 fans who pre-ordered the Blu-ray or DVD during the convention received a limited edition X-Men: First Class T-shirt.
A prequel to the earlier X-Men movies, X-Men: First Class turns back the clock to the days before mutant leaders Charles Xavier (James McAvoy, The Last Station) and Erik Lensher (Michael Fassbender, Centurion) took the names Professor X and Magneto. The film’s timeframe spans from World War II up through the early 1960s when the two young men were discovering their powers for the first time and working together to stop an unspeakable evil that threatened the future of the world.
Written and directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass), X-Men: First Class also stars January Jones (Unknown) and Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone) as mutants Emma Frost and Mystique, respectively, along with Rose Byrne (TV’s Damages) and Kevin Bacon (Sleepers).
The PG-13-rated movie kicked ass at the box office after its U.S. premiere in theaters on June 3. It grossed $142 million.
Over three hours of bonus features are on the Blu-ray, which is in premium collectible packaging and is billed as “The Ultimate X-Perience.” Here’s a list of what’s included:
- 10 Marvel Digital comics including an exclusive X-Men backstory
interactive “Cerebro Mutant Tracker” video dossier of all the mutants in the X-Men film universe
- “Children of the Atom” eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, including videual effects, pre- and post-production, makeup and costume design
- “X Marks the Spot” interactive feature showing scene-specific talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- extended and deleted scenes
- BD-Live with additional “Cerebro Mutant Tracker” profiles
- composer’s isolated score
Buy or Rent X-Men: First Class
DVD | Blu-ray |
|DVD | Blu-ray||DVD | Blu-ray|