Blu-ray Release Date: June 11, 2013
Price: Blu-ray $49.99
Studio: Warner Home Video
The 1973 movie helped bring interest in Asian martial arts to mainstream Western cinema. It also shot Lee to superstardom posthumously, as he died suddenly from a cerebral edema less than a month before the U.S. premiere of the film. Lee was also known for his role as sidekick Kato in TV show The Green Hornet, bu it was Enter the Dragon that made him a household name.
In the action movie, Lee’s recruited by an intelligence agency, then uncovers the evil Han’s (Kien Shih) white slavery and drug trafficking ring on a secret island stronghold. Along with martial arts champions Roper (John Saxon) and Williams (Jim Kelly), Lee infiltrates the fortress and enters Han’s brutal tournament, a now classic fight-t0-the-death battle that was staged by Lee himself.
Enter the Dragon has been on high-definition Blu-ray for a while, but the 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition Giftset has new bonus features as well as memorabilia. The new extras in the set are:
- featurette “No Way As Way”
- featurette “The Return to Han’s Island”
- featurette “Wing Chun: The Art That Introduced Kung Fu to Bruce Lee.”
Also in the set are these special features:
- commentary by producer Paul Heller
- interview gallery featuring Lee’s wife, Linda Lee Caldwell
- five vintage featurettes:
- “Backyard Workout With Bruce Lee”
- “Curse of the Dragon”
- “Location: Hong Kong With Enter the Dragon“
- “Personal Profile Bruce Lee: In His Own Words”
- and five trailers and seven TV spots.
The Giftset also contains collectible art cards, a lenticular card and an embroidered patch.
Buy or Rent Enter the Dragon 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition Giftset
|Blu-ray Giftset||Blu-ray Giftset|