Nominated for six Golden Globe awards (including best drama movie, best actor for Jesse Eisenberg, best director and best screenplay), the film tells the story of how Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook. Coincidentally, as the disc release was being announced, Zuckerberg was named Time magazine’s Person of the Year for the influence his Facebook has had on society.
Director Fincher’s The Social Network didn’t paint the starting of the Internet company as roses. Zuckerberg himself is shown as an anti-social, obsessive and self-absorbed computer genius.
Based on the book by Ben Mezrich, the movie also stars Rooney Mara (The Winning Season), Rashida Jones (TV’s Parks and Recreation) and Justin Timberlake (The Love Guru) as Sean Parker, co-founder of Napster.
PG-13-rated The Social Network was released in two-disc sets on both DVD and Blu-ray, priced at $28.96 and $34.95, respectively.
The DVD includes two commentaries:
- one with Fincher
- and the other with writer Aaron Sorkin and cast members.
The Blu-ray offers both of those commentaries, as well as seven other features:
- “How Did They Ever Make a Movie of Facebook?” feature-length documentary
- Editors Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter and sound editor Ren Klyce talk about post-production
- Composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and Fincher on the score
- “In the Hall of the Mountain King: Reznor’s First Draft”
- Cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth and Fincher on the film’s visuals
- and “Ruby Skye VIP Room: Multi-Angle Scene Breakdown.”
Check out the film’s trailer:
Buy or Rent The Social Network
DVD | Blu-ray |
|DVD | Blu-ray||DVD | Blu-ray|