The story of a well-planned racetrack robbery is told via a radical-for-its-time splintered narrative peppered with sharp dialog from the great pulp writer Jim Thompson. Plus, the film features a cast of legendary character actors, including Sterling Hayden (Dr. Strangelove), Coleen Gray (Red River), Timothy Carey (Paths of Glory) and Elisha Cook Jr. (The Maltese Falcon).
A too-cool thriller embodying all of film noir’s finest characteristics — deceit, betrayal, fate and a femme fatale — as well as Kubrick’s trademark tracking shots and precise mise-en-scene, The Killing is definitely a must-own for Criterion classics collectors.
- new video interview with producer James B. Harris
- excerpts of interviews with actor Sterling Hayden from the French television series
- new video interview with film scholar Robert Polito about writer Jim Thompson and his work on The Killing
- restored transfer of Stanley Kubrick’s 1955 noir feature Killer’s Kiss
- new video appreciation of Killer’s Kiss with film critic Geoffrey O’Brien
- theatrical trailers
- booklet featuring an essay by film historian Haden Guest and a reprinted interview with Marie Windsor on The Killing
Buy or Rent The Killing
DVD | Blu-ray
|DVD | Blu-ray||DVD | Blu-ray|