Blu-ray Release Date: March 26, 2013
Price: Blu-ray $119.99
Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
100 years before James T. Kirk was the captain, the starship Enterprise had its first voyage, and that is the subject of this spin-off TV show. Star Trek: Enterprise debuted in 2001 and ran for four seasons.
The Enterprise cast is headed up by Scott Bakula, who’s no stranger to science-fiction after starring in Quantum Leap for so many years.
In Enterprise, Bakula is partnered with Jolene Blalock (Slow Burn) as a Vulcan, Dominic Keating (Beowulf) as a British lieutenant, John Billingsley (TV’s True Blood) as an alien doctor and Connor Trinneer (TV’s Stargate: Atlantis) as an American commander.
The Star Trek: Enterprise – The Complete First Season Blu-ray disc has all 25 episodes of season one with 5.1 DTS-HD audio. The discs also contain the new three-part documentary To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise, including interviews with the show’s cast and crew. The documentary features:
- “Part One: Countdown” about the challenges that faced the producers and creative staff in launching the new chapter of the Star Trek franchise
- “Part Two: Boarding the NX-01” following the casting process and production of the show’s two-hour pilot
- “Part Three: First Flight” about the team charting the course for the rest of the first season.
Other special features in the six-disc Blu-ray set include:
- conversations with the series’ creators, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga talking about their creative process
- new commentaries on select episodes
- extras from the previously released DVD, including deleted scenes and outtakes.
Buy or Rent Star Trek: Enterprise – The Complete First Season
Blu-ray | Instant Video SD | Instant Video HD