The Destiny is still looking for a way home, but the second and final season of cancelled science-fiction TV show Stargate: Universe arrived on DVD on May 31, 2011, from MGM Home Entertainment and distributor 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
The five-disc set includes all 20 episodes of the television series, which continues the Stargate story on an alien ship called Destiny. It’s Stargate with some Star Trek: Voyager (ship lost in space and can’t get home) thrown in, in the style of the new Battlestar Galactica.
The show stars Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting), Louis Ferreira (Dawn of the Dead), Lou Diamond Phillips (Courage Under Fire), Ming-Na (TV’s ER) and Alaina Huffman (Painkiller Jane). Unfortunately, it didn’t get the viewing numbers SyFy wanted.
● Robert Carlyle Directs
● Andy Mikita Directs
● Eli’s Mom Comes on Board
● Brian J. Smith’s First Fight
● Crashing a Shuttle
● The Seed Ship with Joe Mallozzi
● Saying Goodbye to Sgt. Riley
● Lou Diamond Phillips on Guest Stars
● Lt. Scott Gets Hit By A Car
● Inside Cloverdale with Brad Wright
● How to Get Sucked Into Space
● SG-U Welcomes You to New Mexico’s Bisti Badlands
● Deconstructing Destiny
● A Day in the Life of Jamil Walker Smith
● Transplant Day
● Sitting Down with Mike Dopud
● Bringing the Bridge to Life
● Louis Ferreira vs. Colonel Young
● Pitches: A Journey of Friendship and Discovery
● Behind the Season 2 Finale – Gauntlet
The DVD set is priced at $49.98.
Buy or Rent Stargate: Universe Complete Season 2